Cheesecake consists of three parts, a cookie crust and a smooth topping made from a type of cheese (hence the name cheesecake), and a smooth topping. This dessert can be baked to perfection of can be left unbaked for a cool delicious blend. The chocolate chip cheesecake is just a small twist on the original cheesecake recipe by adding morsels to the cake for more flavor.
We are going to teach you how to make a chocolate chip cheesecake, by breaking it down into three simple recipes. First you will learn how to make the base for the cake, the cookie crust. Then you will make the cheesecake form, using a number of ingredients. Last comes the topping, to spread on the cheesecake for presentation and flavor.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake is very simple to make and only requires a small amount of ingredients. This recipe makes a 9 inch cheesecake and can serve 10 to 12 people, depending on the size of the cheesecake slices.
Ingredients to make the crust:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- 1 ½ cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- Ingredients to make the cheesecake form:
- 24 ounces (Three 8 ounce packages) of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups of mini semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
Ingredients for topping:
- 2/3 cup of chocolate chip morsels
- 2 Tablespoons whipped cream
Once you have all the needed ingredients and a nine inch spring form pan, you can begin making your chocolate chips cheese cake. You should divide the recipe into parts (crust, cheesecake, topping) and make in that order.
Directions for the crust:
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter stirring well
3. Firmly press crust mixture evenly over the bottom and up the sides of the spring form pan.
4. Bake crust for 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
5. Set aside and let cool
Directions for the cheesecake form:
1. Beat cream cheese packages together at high speed until light and smooth.
2. Gradually add sugar, continue to beat cream well.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each egg is added.
4. Stir in vanilla extract
5. Add chocolate chip morsel, mixing them well into the cream mixture.
6. Pour the mixture in to the crust (once it has cooled).
7. Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees
8. After 40 minutes, turn the oven off and crack the oven door to allow the cake to cool.
9. Leave cheesecake in the oven for 30 minutes, with the door ajar.
10. After 30 minutes, remove cake from oven and allow it to cool on a wire rack.
11. Once cooled, cover cheesecake and let refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
Directions for cheesecake topping:
1. Melt the 2/3 cup of chocolate chip morsels in a double boiler top or in the microwave.
2. Make sure to frequently stir, so the chocolate is smooth and doesnâ€™t burn.
3. Gradually fold in whipped cream.
4. Stir chocolate and cream mixture over low heat until it is thick and smooth.
5. Remove from heat and spread evenly over cheesecake.
6. Refrigerate cheesecake so the chocolate topping will harden.
7. Once completely cooled, it can be sliced and served.